Global Markets - Business
Global Mkts is responsible for
- Bank’s liquidity management
- Foreign exchange related services
- Ensuring regulatory reserve requirements as mandated by the RBI.
- Besides offering products like derivatives, gold forwards, OIS etc.
The IRM desk actively invests in G Secs, SDLs, T Bills, Corporate Bonds and Commercial Papers depending on the risk appetite, liquidity conditions and yield & duration interplay.
The Equity desk does proprietary trading and manages strategic investments of the bank. The desk also makes active investments in Mutual Funds.
The Private Equity and Venture Capital desk invests in capital scarce start-ups which offer potential of higher returns with enhanced risks.
The Forex exchange clientele includes corporates, ranging from large corporate houses with established treasury to emerging SMEs, both in the Public and Private Sectors space. Forex desk in SBI is one of largest liquidity providers in the inter-bank market over both Refinitiv and CCIL platforms. It is also one of the largest volume generators in Currency Futures market over various exchange houses.
Structured Products desk offers Fx Derivative products to customers. It manages is own Options book and MIFOR book which gives strength in price making.
Treasury Marketing Group markets various treasury products offered by the Bank, to its customers to mitigate Exchange Rate Risk /Interest Rate Risk in their exposures. Dedicated Treasury Marketing Officers continuously engage with the customers giving them various inputs about markets as part of the advisory services offered by the Bank.
A large treasury requires large Back Office set up also. Global Markets department has Forex Back Office in Kolkata and Rupee Back office in Mumbai (split in two – GMU Mumbai and Security Services Branch).
We are members of FEDAI (for forex treasury activities) and FIMMDA (for Rupee treasury activities).
We are the largest public sector bank of India, having a strong presence in the area of foreign exchange with more than 12% market share. We have extensive International Branch Network, with more than 230 Branches in 40 countries across the Globe.
We offer variety of foreign exchange services to clients, to hedge the risk arising out of currency fluctuations. We provide ease of operation to clients, by offering the services of electronic and voice trading for booking Forex rates on real time basis.
We are market leaders in Foreign Exchange and derivative Products, and provide wide ranging services like:-
- Spot / Forward Rates on all G7 Currencies
- Sale and Purchase of Gold in Spot / Forward
- Interest Rate Swaps / Options
- Currency Swaps / Options
What differentiate us from others:
- Huge Network (maximum no of Authorise Branches to handle Foreign exchange transactions as per Reserve Bank of India guidelines)
- Global Reach
- Highly experienced treasury professionals to provide strategic guidance to help and minimise the foreign exchange risks.
- We offer competitive rates in a wide range of foreign currencies
- We provide most competitive slippages in FBIL reference rates
Treasury Marketing Group (TMG) under Global Markets vertical, of SBI is responsible for marketing of Bank’s Treasury Products to the Institutional and Corporate clients of the Bank. TMG comprises of 8 Treasury Marketing Units staffed with well-equipped Relationship Managers Treasury (RMTs) and are headed by senior dealing/forex personnel to serve customers better (7 Regional Treasury Marketing Units and 1 Central Treasury Marketing Unit at Mumbai) and 9 Satellite Centres across the country. The locations of TMUs and satellite centres are such that we have presence in all the major economic centres in the country.
We also have a dedicated desk dealing with Foreign (Direct/Portfolio) Investments and Institutional Treasury Sales to provide a seamless experience to FPIs and other Financial Institutions.
Our RTMUs are located at Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad, and Satellite Centres are functioning from Pune, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Lucknow, Tiruppur, Ernakulam, Visakhapatnam and Bhubaneswar for catering to Corporates located in these geographies.
The contact details for the RTMUs and Satellite centres are as under
|S. No||Treasury Marketing Unit||Contact number||Email address|
|CENTRAL UNITS FOR LARGE COPORATES/INSTITUTIONS|
Central Treasury Marketing Unit, Mumbai
Foreign Investments & Institutional Treasury Sales, Mumbai
|REGIONAL TREASURY MARKETING UNITS|
079-26424749 / 079-26421201
Satellite Centre Ernakulam
Satellite Centre Tiruppur
Satellite Centre Chandigarh
Satellite Centre Ludhiana
Satellite Centre Jaipur
Satellite Centre Lucknow
Satellite Centre Vishakhapatnam
Satellite Centre Bhubaneshwar
Satellite Centre Pune
Treasury Related services offered through branches and the integrated dealing room at Mumbai. Forex/Trade and Capital Account Services
Inward and Outward remittances
- Import transactions such as Foreign Letter of Credit, Foreign Bank Guarantee and Standby Letters of Credit
- Advance remittances towards Exports and Export Collections
- Export Financing through PCFC/EBR at competitive rates
- Providing FCNR(B) loans at competitive rates
- Hedging Services for Exporters and Importers through Forwards, LTFX, Options and Swaps.
- Hedging of ECBs and Foreign currency bonds raised by corporates
- Facilitating Capital Account transactions
- Issuance of foreign currency demand drafts
- Purchase and sale of foreign currency / travellers cheque
- Foreign currency cheque collection
- Inward and Outward Remittances through Nostro/ Vostro Account
- Providing customers with updates about the latest market developments, RBI policy actions and regulatory changes.
- Providing Fixed income money market instruments at competitive rates for Corporates.
- Hedging of Rupee loans through Interest rate derivatives.
- Facilitate borrowing/lending in call/notice/term money instruments for Interbank counterparties.
- Provide quotes in G-Sec/T-Bill/SDLs and other fixed income SLR/Non SLR instruments to interbank counterparties.
- Facilitate repo transactions to interbank counterparties.
- Our wide correspondent banks network enables the fund transfer to take place in the most efficient, economic and secured way to overseas parties. Retail customers can make remittances through our wide network of 20000+ branches as well through the internet banking platform.
Service Delivery Platforms
E-Forex: YONO Business’s foreign exchange platform allows you to request for quotes and book for international trade related transactions. The product is designed for small and mid-sized businesses for carrying out small sized high frequency transactions. Our services help Corporates manage and hedge currency fluctuations and market volatility as per their convenience and business requirements and is integrated within the overall YONO business platform to provide a seamless trade finance experience to the customer. (yono Business)
Fx Retail: The FX-Retail platform provides for an anonymous and order driven dealing in the USD/INR currency pair for the Customers of banks. The Customers can access the platform through the Internet to place buy/sell orders in the USD/INR currency pair as per their requirement. The customers can book contracts in Outright CASH, TOM, SPOT and FORWARD instruments up to a period of 13 months including broken dates also. The FX-CLEAR Inter-bank Spot rates are also available on the platform for view purpose. RTMUs/CTMU can be contacted for on boarding on the Fx retail platform (https://www.fxretail.co.in/)
We are also on boarded on rate streaming platforms like FX ALL to provide large corporates with ease of booking rates for covering their forex receipts and payments.
Customers can also reach us through Call, Refinitiv and Bloomberg Chat to conclude deals on a real time basis.
International Remittance Centre, Global Markets Unit deals in processing of inward remittances and outward remittance through Fxout under LRS and for NRE customers, for amounts up to USD 25,000 or its equivalent.
Inward Remittance: Centralized processing of retail Inward Remittance, up to USD 25,000 or equivalent, for credit to any account in any Bank in India (through NEFT).
Apart from the applicable GST, processing charge of Rs 50 is levied for each transaction.
Outward Remittance (Fxout): Retail outward remittances for amounts up to USD 25,000 or equivalent under LRS and also for NRE accounts. The facility is available in 97 currencies. Fxout transactions can be undertaken from any branch of SBI or through Internet Banking. Internet Banking transactions can be undertaken in USD, EUR, CAD, AUD, SGD and GBP only.
The commission for Fxout transaction is USD 10 (for USD & other currencies), EUR 10, CAD 10, AUD 10, SGD 10 and GBP 8 plus applicable GST and TCS.
Last Updated On : Monday, 01-03-2021